On Monday morning at the Polonia Bydgoszcz stadium a press conference before the first round of SEC 2021 was held. The organizers reported, that Wadim Tarasenko received the 'wild card' for upcoming round.
During the meeting with journalists the guests gathered at the conference recalled with nostalgia the last year's great competitions that were long remembered.
- The comfort of the fans is very important, that's why our stadium looks better and better. The most important thing is the track. For me, it is one of the best, if not the best track in Poland. In Bydgoszcz you can overtake in many ways. I am glad that One Sport trusted us and that we can host the European Championships in our city again. For me an equally important factor is that the biggest sports television in the world, Eurosport, will show these competitions - said Rafał Bruski, Mayor of the city of Bydgoszcz.
- We remember last year's SEC round and it was one of the best competitions I have ever seen. Because of the pandemic we were only able to do SEC Challenge, but the line-up this year is at the highest level. We have really interesting riders, fighters who want to achieve something in this sport, and of course advance to the Grand Prix. Here you have to be really regular to win the title and advance to the world championships - added Piotr Szymański, the chairman of the FIM Europe Track Racing.
- I would like to thank the Mayor and the One Sport for putting their trust in us once again. We are counting on another great competition. There is a great line-up, but I can only regret that our rider, David Bellego, who got injured, will not start in Bydgoszcz on Saturday. I am convinced that the fans who will be at the stands will witness incredible meeting - said Jerzy Kanclerz, the President of Abramczyk Polonia Bydgoszcz
The press conference was supposed to be attended by a Frenchman, David Bellego, but he got injured in the Sunday league match and he will not be able to participate in the 1st round of SEC 2021. He was replaced at the conference table by Vadim Tarasenko, who will start in Bydgoszcz as a 'wild card'.
- First of all I would like to thank for the wild card for such a prestigious tournament. I want to show what I can do. I will work hard in the pits and on the track to present myself in the best possible way. The tack in Bydgoszcz is constructed in such a way that it's hard to adjust to the start and the race. It often happens that those who have a good start cannot find the speed in the field, or vice versa. You have to keep an eye on what is going on with surface," said Tarasenko.
Unfortunately, David Bellego will not be able to race in Bydgoszcz. The first reserve of the series is Jacob Thorssell and he will replace the Frenchman here at Polonia stadium. Of course we wish David good luck. Mateusz Tonder and Wiktor Przyjemski will be the substitutes. In fact we've a agreed with the city last year, after phenomenal competitions. I hope to watch a real spectacle. Tickets are still on sale - online at eBilet.pl and will be available at club's offices - added Karol Lejman
During the press conference we've got a call with Honorary Patron of the SEC cycle, Ryszard Czarnecki.
- Unfortunately my business duties in Strasbourg made it impossible for me to come to Bydgoszcz, so we are connecting online. I have the honor to be the Honorary Patron of the Speedway Euro Championship series for the sixth time in a row. We'll see each other for the second time at SEC in Bydgoszcz and I really hope that this year's competition will be as good as last one. After that event we heard a lot of warm words for the organizers and promoters, which shows that there is always a lot going on at the track in Bydgoszcz. Of course I'm counting most on the Polish riders - Bartosz Smektala, Patryk Dudek and Piotr Pawlicki. I would like to finally have a Pole on the highest step of the podium in SEC.