Andzejs Lebedevs returns to the Speedway Euro Championship lineup. The winner of the series from 2017 received his promotion in Pardubice, where he finished as fourth with 11 points scored. The Latvian insists that none of this year's tracks will cause him any major problems because he just loves speedway.
Lebedevs was one of the main candidates for the direct promotion through the SEC Challenge, but he started in Pardubice with fourth place in the first race of the day. After some adjustments were made, his riding was completely different - three individual wins in a row and excellent speed that the Latvian managed to achieve on the long track in the Czech Republic. Fans who watch the Polish eWinner 1. Liga and Bauhaus-Ligan competitions have certainly observed that the form of the former European Champion is getting better and better.
- There have been some nervous moments in Pardubice. After the first run I had zero points on my account, but I felt that I was fast enough to make up for the lost points. I was focused and I believed in myself and my bike. It helped me achieve my goal, which was promotion to the SEC series. I am working on myself all the time and I hope that we are going in the right direction. Every week I will become faster and faster.
With the promotion to SEC 2021, there are now five Champions from recent years in the lineup: Robert Lambert, Mikkel Michelsen, Leon Madsen, Nicki Pedersen and Andzejs Lebedevs. This year's stake looks very strong and balanced out. This was one of the main reasons why the Latvian wanted to get the promotion.
- The reason why I wanted to be in this cycle was to ride with the best. I know what gold tastes like and I want to experience it again. My goal is to approach to every race like it's the final one and win as many races as I can. At the end we will see where it’ll lead me.
This year's Individual European Championships will be held on the tracks in Bydgoszcz (June 12th), Gustrow (June 26th), Gdańsk (July 3rd) and Rybnik (July 10th). Andzejs Lebedevs emphasizes that it doesn't matter to him where the competition takes place because he simply likes speedway everywhere.
- I like every speedway track and I like these tracks as well. I just like speedway and everything about it. I love to race and these tracks are definitely one of those where you can find a lot of racing lines. I hope to create a great show at each of them.
Greetings to all the fans and I would like to invite you to the SEC tournaments - Lebedevs ended.
Speedway Euro Championship 2021 is a four-round series of competitions for the title of Individual European Champion. The riders will compete on the tracks in Bydgoszcz (12 June), Güstrow (26 June), Gdańsk (3 July) and Rybnik (10 July). Tickets for the rounds to be held in Poland are available at www.bit.ly/SEC_Tickets_2021 and www.bilety.wybrzezegdansk.pl.
SEC 2021 lineup:
1. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
2. Leon Madsen (Denmark)
3. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)
4. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
5. Bartosz Smektala (Poland)
6. Patryk Dudek (Poland)
7. Daniel Bewley (Great Britain)
8. Sergey Logachev (Russia)
9. Andzejs Lebedevs (Latvia)
10. Patrick Hansen (Denmark)
11. Timo Lahti (Finland)
12. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
13. Piotr Pawlicki (Poland)
14. David Bellego (France)
15. Vaclav Milik (Czech Republic)