Speedway Euro Championship 2017 Grand Final is coming. On Spetember 16th on MOSiR Bystrzyca stadium in Lublin, fouth SEC round will take place. We asked Sam Ermolenko, 1993 World Champion, about his predictions.
Fight for Speedway Euro Championship medals is very aligned this year. If first two riders have a little advantage, that on 3rd place are classified two other contestants with the same score. These riders are Andreas Jonsson and Artiom Laguta.
- I think that both of them couldn’t feel safelty on their positions. They have 6 points advantage for sure, but if one of them will have a bad day, that other guys could fight for the medal – said Sam Ermolenko.
Polish fans are watching fight for 5th place on the GC very carefully. It seems that maintenance in the tour depend on Polish riders form. Krzysztof Kasprzak, Przemysław Pawlicki and Mateusz Szczepaniak still have chances to stay in SEC.
- I think that also Kacper Gomólski and Andrey Kudriashov will try to finish tournament in top 5. Now they have 19 points, and nothing to lose. Track in Lublin could be their advantage, especially that Kudriashov was part of Lublin’s team some time ago – added 1993 world champion.
In the past few weeks, leader Andrzejs Lebedevs had a little form fall. Latvian has only 2 days to improve his disposition. If he won’t do it, his advantage on Vaclav Milik could be endangered.
- Lebedev is that type of rider, who is most motivated when he knows that next competition would be difficult for him. I think, that despite worse form hals weeks, he’s going to show his best speedway – said „Sudden Sam”.
Final SEC round will take place on the biggest track in tournament. What Sam Ermolenko remember about it?
Track in Lublin is pretty nice. I used to start there many times as a rider. Fact, that is the biggest track in the cycle doesn’t matter. You don’t need the fastest bikes to win there. The most important will be start and first corner.
Which rider is Ermolenko’s favourite?
- I haven’t any favourites for this round, but I think that Artiom Laguta could be very effective in Lublin – finished Ermolenko.
Tickets for SEC 2017 Grand Final, which will take place on September 16th, are on sale now. You can buy it on bit.ly/SEC_final_Lublin_tickets and in Empik, Media Markt and STS salons. Tickets will be available in stadium cashier, open from 12:00 to 18:00 excluding weekends. On matchday, selling will start on 10:00.
normal – 55 PLN
reduced – 40 PLN
1. Krzysztof Kasprzak #507 (Poland)
2. Mateusz Szczepaniak #58 (Poland)
3. Martin Smolinski #84 (Germany)
4. Kenneth Bjerre #91 (Denmark)
5. Andzejs Lebedevs #129 (Latvia)
6. Andrey Kudryashov #9 (Russia)
7. Vaclav Milik #13 (Czechia)
8. Artem Laguta #2 (Russia)
9. Przemysław Pawlicki #59 (Poland)
10. Jurica Pavlic #19 (Croatia)
11. Daniel Jeleniewski #16 (Poland)
12. Michael Jepsen Jensen #52 (Denmark)
13. Leon Madsen #66 (Denmark)
14. Andreas Jonsson #100 (Sweden)
15. Mikkel Bech #177 (Denmark)
16. Kacper Gomólski #44 (Poland)
17. Oskar Bober (Poland)
18. Wiktor Lampart (Poland)