Fight for the European Champion title is not only riders, bikes and adrenaline. It's also the fans' support, especially by these five ladies getting riders pumped while standing under the tape. Without them, meetings would be a bit sad and gloomy, so it seems like a right time to look at speedway from a totally different perspective. Let's meet the beautiful grid girls of Speedway Euro Championship.
First of them is Dagmara Krause, 22-year old medicine student. She has already been to many different speedway venues. Did any of these meetings got into her mind in some special way? Maybe she would like to change something in the speedway world.
Fight for the Euro Champ title is connected with a huge portion of emotions. Do you have any special memories with any of the rounds?
- I think that would be the one in Togliatti. It was my first opportunity to visit Russia, which had been a dream of mine from a long time. Plus this Russian famous hospitality, which we had a chance to experience, despite a short-term stay.
As a grid girl, you're visiting many speedway venues, not only in Poland. At which stadium you think there's the best atmosphere during the Speedway Euro Championship?
- First of all, a great atmosphere has been around every round of this series. However, the round in Rybnik has to be mentioned here, when despite a uncertain forecast, fans created a really unique atmosphere at the stands. Also, the round in Togliatti, mentioned before, got into my memory strongly.
Changing the formula of the series to four final rounds causes that emotions are raising with every next one. What is the atmosphere in the pits before the meeting? Is it a bit less 'friendly' during the decisive battle?
- Bedore the meeting, we're not spending much time in the pits, because we've got our own preparations. I haven't noticed any changes of the good atmosphere, even before the last round.
Have you had any thoughts of switching the roles with riders and try some racing?
- Of course! Ever since I started going to watch speedway, I've always wanted to try racing on a speedway bike. However, since then, I haven't had any opportunity to do so, but I hope it'll change soon (laugh).
Unfortunately, currently women have to accept men's superiority in this sport. Maybe it's good though, because it's connected with some serious injuries. Do these crashes watched from the green level look more serious than the ones seen on TV?
- Generally, speedway watched from the green is more dynamic, so it's the same thing with crashes, however each one of them is different. Of course they should be as rare as possible, because it's riders' health that's the most important.
Would you like to change anything in speedway?
- I would definitely like to get more women have a chance to race on a professional level. Talking about changes - there are many examples of implementing them and turning it the wrong way. However, my small dream is a popularization of this discipline on a level we can experience in Poland.
At the end, question about your predicions. Which one of the riders, have in your opiniom the biggest chances to win the Euro Championship title in the next season?
- Looking at the last season, we can expect a tough rivalry through the whole cycle. Hopefully, it will be as equal and tight and the ultimate answer will be known in the very last heats.