Toruń will host two rounds of this year's TAURON Speedway Euro Championship 2020 series. Ticket sales for both rounds are available via eBilet.pl. Today we also revealed the rider who will start as a wild card during the inaugural round in Toruń. It will be a real treat for the fans, as the Individual World Champion, Bartosz Zmarzlik, will show his performance at the Motoarena.
TAURON SEC 2020 is a five-round Individual European Championships series. In the lineup are European champions from recent years: Mikkel Michelsen, Leon Madsen, Andzejs Lebedevs and Nicki Pedersen. On the tracks there will be also representatives of Poland: Kacper Woryna, Bartosz Smektala or Krzysztof Kasprzak.
Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the organizers of the series were forced to reorganize the calendar of this year's Individual European Championships, therefore, all rounds of TAURON SEC 2020 will be held in Poland. Toruń will host two of them. The competition will start and finish at the famous Motoarena. The first round of the cycle will take place on 4th of July, while the final of the series is planned for 29th of July.
- Motoarena is one of the most beautiful speedway stadiums in the world. We are glad that TAURON SEC can be hosted on this stadium so often. Meetings in Toruń are always very interesting, so fans at the stands, as well as those gathered in front of TVs, will receive a double portion of speedway at the highest level. We will start the cycle in Toruń and finish it in Toruń - said Karol Lejman, President of One Sport, promoter of TAURON SEC.
The wild card for the inaugural round in Toruń was given to Bartosz Zmarzlik. Considering the fact that also Leon Madsen (vice-champion of the world 2019) is taking part in this year’s TAURON SEC, fans can expect a exciting revenge for last year's Grand Prix.
- Despite the fact that we already have the end of June, there is not much starts for us. Every additional one will certainly be good for me and will help me to get closer to the optimal shape, so I wanted to thank One Sport for the wild card for this competition. It will be my debut in the European Championships, but when I'm looking at the lineup it will certainly not be an easy evening for me. Of course I will do my best to win and show power, but the other fifteen guys will want to win against the world champion. The first one is Leon Madsen, who will probably want a rematch for the Grand Prix, so the fans will definitely see an interesting competition", said Orlen Team member, Bartosz Zmarzlik.
As the TAURON Speedway Euro Championship 2020 series will come to Motoarena twice, the organizers of the competition have prepared special ticket packages at attractive prices, which allow to buy tickets for both rounds of the competition.
Ticket prices are as follows:
Red Zone - 200 PLN
Normal tickets - 45 PLN
Family ticket (no red zone):
- 60 PLN (1+1)
- 75 PLN (1+2)
- 100 PLN (2+2)
Ticket + Ticket package (Inauguration + Final):
Red Zone - 300 PLN
Normal Ticket - 65 PLN
Family ticket (no red zone)
- 90 PLN (1+1)
- 120 PLN (1+2)
- 150 PLN (2+2)
- There are no discounted tickets
- Children under 7 years will enter the stadium for free, without a seat
- Family ticket (One or two adults and one or two children under 18 years old)
The inaugural round of TAURON SEC 2020 will take place in Toruń on 4th of July at 5 PM. The final round (also in Toruń) will take place on 29th of July at 7 PM.