Antonio Lindbaeck finished TARON Speedway Euro Championship on 5th position. From one side, he can be happy because he stayed in cycle. From the other, he may be a little bit dissapointed, because he lost a medal by only one point.
Antonio Lindbaeck stared this year’s TAURON Speedway Euro Championship very well, because he stood on the podium in Gniezno. There, he scored 13 points. Unfortunately, later in Gustrow, he was worse, because he scored only 4 points.
- That wasn’t my day. To be honest, I started competition from my second race, so I hadn’t a normal option to find right setups. I hadn’t good starts and I also hadn’t enough speed in the field – he said. - Sometimes it’s better to forget some competitions and keep focusing on the next one – he added.
In next tournaments, Swede again made more than 10 points. In last competition on Śląski Stadium he was close to win a medal in whole cycle, but also he had to watch other riders, because they had an opportunity to throw him back from top 5 in the general classification.
- Top 5 was my first goal for this season and I made it. Of course I’m a little dissapointed, because I was really close to TAURON SEC podium – he said.
Did Lindbaeck count points during last round in Chorzów?
- No, I didn’t do that. Before competition I knew that some riders are close to me, but I only wanted to do my best. Only before race-off my manager told me what I have to do – he answered.
This year’s fight for medals in European Championships finished in Chorzów, where speedway made a huge comeback. What does Lindbaeck think about last TAURON Speedway Euro Championship round?
- It’s clearly fantastic stadium and fans were amazing. The atmosphere was really epic. Also track was well prepared, despite the fact that weather didn’t help – he said.
Finally Lindbaeck finished the cycle on 5th position, which gave him opportunity to fight in SEC 2019.
- Next year I want to finish on the podium – he finished.