On 8 July, the best speedway riders of the Old Continent will appear at the Municipal Stadium in Bydgoszcz to fight for the next points of the Individual European Championships. After the first round in Toruń, the point differences in the interim classification are small, so tomorrow's competition promises to be very interesting. Tickets for the second round of the TAURON Speedway Euro Championship cycle can only be purchased online, through www.ebilet.pl.
After Saturday's competition in Toruń, Leon Madsen, Nicki Pedersen and Robert Lambert have most reasons to be satisfied. The Dane won on Motoaren, but is not the leader of the cycle. Both the British and the three time Individual World Champion won 14 points each, which puts them at the top of the transitional classification of the cycle. Bartosz Smektala also scored a successful performance. The Junior World Champion from two years ago scored 11 points and, like a year ago in Gustrow, registered for the final race of the competition.
The specifics of this year's series of Individual European Championships makes the second tournament take place tomorrow. For the first time in history, the competition in the TAURON SEC series will be held at the Marshal Józef Piłsudski stadium, located at 2 Sportowa Street in Bydgoszcz.
- Like most of the organizers, we were looking for new solutions, thanks to which we managed to work out a specific plan. The form of the struggle, which was originally adopted, had to evolve, hence the idea that all rounds should take place in Poland - said Karol Lejman, President of One Sport, the organizer of the cycle. - We managed to build a scheme that gives competitors the opportunity to compete for the title of Individual European Champion. We are very happy that such a well-deserved center for Polish speedway as Bydgoszcz will host the second round of the TAURON Speedway Euro Championship cycle.
In the TAURON SEC 2020 stake were the best riders of the globe, with three times the Individual World Champion - Nick Pedersen and silver medalist of the 2019 Grand Prix cycle, Leon Madsen at the head. In addition to the regular participants of the cycle, Bydgoszcz will also feature a two-time bronze medalist of the Individual World Championships, a two-time gold medalist of the Individual European Championships and a long-term representative of the Polish community of Bydgoszcz, Emil Saifutdinov. The Russian will take part in the competition thanks to the "wild card", which he received from the organizers of the cycle.
Saifutdinov dominated the TAURON Speedway Euro Championship cycle in the years 2014-2015. In two years, the Russian started in the TAURON SEC cycle in 55 races, of which as many as 29 ended up at the finish line in first place. It is worth adding that Saifutdinov is the only competitor in the history of TAURON SEC who has won two titles of Individual European Champion in a row.
Bydgoszcz is an extremely well-deserved place on the map of Polish speedway. On that track, the first "speedway steps" were taken by many titled competitors, but the most famous of them is the 2010 Individual World Champion, Tomasz Gollob.
- Such events as the European Championship are missing from the speedway calendar. Especially at a time like this, which is so difficult for us all. This is a great thing," said Tomasz Gollob, an icon of the Bydgoszcz club, during a recent press conference. - I hope that on 8 July we will witness a great race, and the track prepared properly will refer to the one from the past years of the Grand Prix. I hope that it will allow us to overtake, chase and ride under the fence and by the curb, and then there will be plenty of excitement.
Let's add that for sanitary reasons, on 8 July the stadium in Bydgoszcz will be able to fill up with fans in only 25 percent. The last tickets for the second round of TAURON Speedway Euro Championship 2020 are sold exclusively on the Internet, through the portal www.eBilet.pl.
The beginning of Wednesday's competition is scheduled for 19:00.
The title sponsor of the Speedway Euro Championship is TAURON, and the general partner of LOTTO.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR FANS:
- For sanitary reasons, the stadium stands can only be filled up to 25 percent.
- for the same reasons, the sale of tickets and programmes will not be conducted at ticket offices
- Tickets are only available online, via www.eBilet.pl.
- Tickets are valid in both printed and electronic form
According to the current regulations for mass events, fans are required to comply with the following rules:
- Admission to the venue only in a mask
- When entering the stadium, you should keep a distance of 2 meters from the nearest person in line
- Prohibition of hand luggage and lack of possibility of depositing
- Obligation to disinfect hands at the entrance to the stadium
- The obligation to cover the mouth and nose applies throughout the facility until the audience is seated.
- Fans only occupy specially marked spaces that guarantee the right physical distance (except for children under 13 years of age, disabled people, co-residents)
- Prohibition to gather in groups and obligation to keep a safe distance of 2 meters
- Admission to the stadium is at your own risk
1st round: Toruń, 4.07.2020, 17:00 hours
2nd round: Bydgoszcz, 8.07.2020, 19:00 hours
3. round: Gniezno, 15.07.2020, 7:00 p.m.
4. round: Rybnik, 22.07.2020, 7:00 p.m.
5th round, final: Toruń, 29.07.2020, 19:00 hours
Start list for round 2 of TAURON SEC in Bydgoszcz:
1. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
2. Timo Lahti (Finland)
3. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
4. Vaclav Milik (Czech Republic)
5. Michael Jepsen Jensen (Denmark)
6 Kacper Woryna (Poland)
7. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)
8th Emil Saifutdinov (Russia)
9. Grigorij Laguta (Russia)
10. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
11. Leon Madsen (Denmark)
12th Andrey Kudryashov (Russia)
13. Peter Ljung (Sweden)
14. David Belle (France)
15. Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
16th Krzysztof Kasprzak (Poland)
17. Kamil Brzozowski (Poland)
18. Matić Ivacić (Slovenia)