Mikkel Michelsen won the third round of TAURON Speedway Euro Championship 2019, which was held in Vojens. Kacper Woryna was the runner-up and the last spot on the podium was taken by Nicki Pedersen.
First series of starts was filled with many impressive actions on track. Fans gathered at the stands in Vojens witnessed lots of overtakes, including the one by former Euro Champion Andzejs Lebedevs, who overtook Bartosz Smektała at the very last metres. Track reserves also impressed – Fredrik Jakobsen and Andreas Lyager caused a lot of troubles to Mikkel Michelsen.
In the second series of starts, we still had tons of emotions. Probably, the most interesting heat was the sixth one with a perfect start by Frederik Jakobsen. Dane was leading through two laps, but was overtaken by very fast Kai Huckenbeck. At the last metres, Jakobsen lost his position to Andzejs Lebedevs, who made a repeat of his own action from the heat no.3. Timo Lahti, TAURON SEC resereve had a great meeting as well as he got himself into one of the top positions after two series of starts.
Heat no.11 was the highlight of the third series. After an equal start, Antonio Lindbaeck had a tumble on the first corner and was hit by Frederik Jakobsen. That made Swede be unable to continue racing and got him withdrawn from the meeting. In the heat’s repeat, Andreas Lyager, who replaced Lindbaeck, got the win.
In the fourth series, Huckenbeck, Jensen, Pedersen and Kudryashov got the wins. Grigorij Laguta lost his points in heat no.16, when he came third.
Fifth series brought a shine by Andzejs Lebedevs, who was the probably the most attractive racer of the night. Another important win came to Bartosz Smektała’s score. Three points grabbed in heat no.19 made him go through to the race-off heat. Once again, Grigorii Laguta lost points and ended the main series with only 7 points gathered.
In heat no.21, it was Michael Jepsen Jensen piling another three points. Kacper Woryna joined him in reaching the final after being the runner-up in the race-off heat. Therefore, in the final, we had three Danes and Pole. Fight for the top position was between Mikkel Michelsen and Kacper Woryna, with Dane coming on top of this duel. Third place was taken by Nicki Pedersen and Michael Jepsen Jensen was fourth.
Ahead of the grand finale of TAURON SEC in Chorzów, Grigorii Laguta tops the overall classification (34 points) with a one-point advantage over Nicki Pedersen and four over Mikkel Michelsen.
Fourth round of TAURON Speedway Euro Championship 2019 is coming on September 28th, 2019 in Chorzów (Poland). Tickets can be purchased via ebilet.
1. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark) - 15 (3,2,3,2,2,3)
2. Kacper Woryna (Poland) - 11 (0,3,3,1,2,2)
3. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark) - 14 (3,2,2,3,3,1)
4. Michael Jepsen Jensen (Denmark) - 11 (2,3,0,3,3,0)
5. Bartosz Smektała (Poland) - 10 (1,3,3,0,3)
6. Timo Lahti (Finland) - 9 (3,2,1,2,1)
7. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany) - 8 (1,3,1,3,0)
8. Andrzej Lebiediew (Latvia) - 8 (2,2,1,1,2)
9. Andreas Lyager (Denmark) - 7 (1,3,0,3)
10. Grigorij Łaguta (Russia) - 7 (3,1,2,1,0)
11. Frederik Jakobsen (Denmark) - 7 (2,1,0,2,2)
12. Andriej Kudriaszow (Russia) - 5 (0,0,1,3,1)
13. Vaclav Milik (Czech Rep.) - 5 (1,0,2,2,0)
14. Jarosław Hampel (Poland) - 4 (2,1,0,1,0)
15. Peter Kildemand (Denmark) - 3 (w,0,2,0,1)
16. Paweł Przedpełski (Poland) - 2 (t,1,0,0,1)
17. Antonio Lindbaeck (Sweden) - 0 (0,0,-,-,-)
Heat by heat:
1. (59,70) Łaguta, Hampel, Huckenbeck, Kildemand (ex)
2. (59,20) Pedersen, Jepsen Jensen, Milik, Lindbaeck
3. (58,90) Lahti, Lebiediew, Smektała, Kudriaszow
4. (59,10) Michelsen, Jakobsen, Lyager, Woryna
5. (59,20) Woryna, Pedersen, Hampel, Kudriaszow
6. (59,80) Huckenbeck, Lebiediew, Jakobsen, Milik
7. (59,20) Jepsen Jensen, Lahti, Przedpełski, Kildemand
8. (59,40) Smektała, Michelsen, Łaguta, Lindbaeck
9. (58,70) Michelsen, Milik, Lahti, Hampel
10. (58,80) Smektała, Pedersen, Huckenbeck, Przedpełski
11. (59,80) Lyager, Kildemand, Kudriaszow, Jakobsen
12. (59,80) Woryna, Łaguta, Lebiediew, Jepsen Jensen
13. (59,80) Jepsen Jensen, Jakobsen, Hampel, Smektała
14. (59,90) Huckenbeck, Lahti, Woryna, Lyager
15. (59,70) Pedersen, Michelsen, Lebiediew, Kildemand
16. (60,10) Kudriaszow, Milik, Łaguta, Przedpełski
17. (59,80) Lyager, Lebiediew, Przedpełski, Hampel
18. (59,80) Jepsen Jensen, Michelsen, Kudriaszow, Huckenbeck
19. (59,60) Smektała, Woryna, Kildemand, Milik
20. (60,10) Pedersen, Jakobsen, Lahti, Łaguta
Last chance heat: (60,60) Jepsen Jensen, Woryna, Lahti, Smektała
Final: Michelsen, Woryna, Pedersen, Jepsen Jensen