David Bellego is making steady progress in his career. Although he only rides in Poland in the second league, he has been promoted to the SEC cycle, in which he will be the first Frenchman in history.
David Bellego successfully went through the qualifying rounds and from the Challenge SEC in Nagyhalász he was among the best Old World speedway riders who will compete for the title of the European champion.
- Qualifying for the SEC was one of my goals this year, so I am very happy that I can take part in competitions at such a good rate. I can not wait to start this competition - says the excited Frenchman.
Bellego will be the absolute debutant at SEC 2019. Nevertheless, he sets ambitious plans.
- My goals are to take the place in the top five, which will be qualified for the 2020 season - adds the speedway rider.
Our interlocutor will be the first representative of France in the Speedway European Championship cycle.
- I'm really happy that I became the first French in the SEC. I will proudly represent my country in this competition - emphasizes Bellego.
The Frenchman does not know all the SEC cycle arenas.
- The only track I rode on is Guestrow. I know the other objects, but I have not had the opportunity to race on them. It will be a new experience for me both in Toruń and Vojens, and above all on the temporary track in Chorzów - he explains.
For David Bellego, taking part in the SEC is not only an honor, but also an opportunity for self-promotion and the chance of sailing into wide waters.
- I want to get the most points in all the rounds of the SEC cycle. I hope that good performances will open the door to clubs in the highest leagues in Poland. I want to grow and move forward. We work hard with my team to climb the speedway hierarchy - emphasizes the French speedway rider.