Before the final round of SEC 2016, the Dane finished ninth in the general classification and it seemed that he would not count in the fight, even for the promotion to the top five of the cycle. Completely new engine and incredibly effective driving made it Nicki Pedersen became the Individual Champion of Europe.
100 races and 183 points. This is the statistics of three-time Individual World Champion Nicki Pedersen in the history of the SEC. The Dane has four full cycles of the European Championships and has won a medal in each of them.
This year, Pedersen returns to the SEC and becomes one of the main candidates for the title of the Individual European Champion.
The final round of SEC 2016, held in Rybnik, remains in the memory of all speedway supporters. The extraordinary circumstances of the competition and the show of Nicki Pedersen caused that after almost three years of those struggles, we are still coming back to this competition.
- It was an amazing evening. I tried a new engine that did great. This situation reminds me that even if it goes wrong, everything is possible - said Nicki Pedersen.
This year's Speedway Euro Championship series will take place on tracks in Güstrow, Toruń, Vojens and in Chorzów. For Pedersen, the performance during the third round of struggles will be particularly important, when he will present himself in front of the "own" audience. The individual European Champion 2016 emphasizes that the arena of struggle in SEC 2019 is not only great tracks to prosecute, but also objects that are suitable for the slag atmosphere.
- The track in Gustrow is not one of my favorites, but I love racing in Germany. The atmosphere at competitions in this country is amazing. I am very happy to be able to ride in front of such an audience. Toruń in Toruń is always well prepared. I can not wait for the competition at Vojens. This is definitely one of my favorite objects. I am waiting for a performance in front of the local audience. It is a special feeling to be able to compete in Vojens when the Danish flags are flying in the stands. The grand finale at the Silesian Stadium in Chorzów is a great event for speedway supporters around the world. In conclusion, the tracks, on which there will be many junctions and stadiums, where there is a great atmosphere - added the Danish player.
The rate of this year's Individual European Championship looks very impressive. The starting list includes players who already have medals of the SEC cycle on their account. Among them one should mention the defender of the championship title, Leon Madsen, and the bronze medalist from 2013, Grigory Lagucie.
- There are many riders at the SEC rate who have great skills. It's not easy to get promoted to this cycle, so the SEC seat itself proves that they are not competitors from the event - Nicki Pedersen finished.
The Speedway Euro Championship 2019 series will begin on July 13 in Güstrow. Next, the competitors will fight for points during the competition in Toruń (July 27) and in Vojens (August 10). The grand finale of the Individual European Championship will take place on September 28 at the Silesian Stadium in Chorzów. Tickets for each round are available at speedwayeuro.com.
The SEC 2019 start list looks as follows:
1. Leon Madsen (Denmark)
2. Jarosław Hampel (Poland)
3. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
4. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
5. Antonio Lindbaeck (Sweden)
6. Grigory Laguta (Russia)
7. David Bellego (France)
8. Vaclav Milik (Czech Republic)
9. Michael Jepsen Jensen (Denmark)
10. Kacper Woryna (Poland)
11. Anders Thomsen (Denmark)
12. Paweł Przedpełski (Poland)
13. Bartosz Smektała (Poland)
14. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
15. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)