Kai Huckenbeck is another rider, who received a wild card for Speedway Euro Championship 2019, which starts on July 13th in German Guestrow.
For Huckenbeck, it'll be his second season in a row to compete as a permanent participant of the SEC series. In the last season, German rider started in 21 heats and gathered 29 points. His best performance came in the inaugural round in Gniezno, where he ended as third overall.
Now, he surely counts on a repeat, because first round of this year's Euro Championship will be taken at the track, which he knows perfectly. Huckenbeck has already started in SEC in Guestrow - three times with a single-round wild card and each time, he has been doing great there. Even though his best score (12 points) came in 2017, it's the round from three years back that brings the best memories - back then, he jumped on the lowest step of the podium.
- I'm really happy with receiving the wild card for SEC 2019. I really appreciate this fact and have already started my preparations to this year's series. Last year, not everything went as I planned. I started with good performances in Gniezno and Guestrow, but issues with my bike in Daugavpils and a fall in my first heat in Chorzów completely changed my situation - Huckenbeck says.
Speedway Euro Championship 2019 starts in Guestrow (13th of July). Then, riders move to Toruń (27th of July), Vojens (10th of August). Great final will be held at Stadion Śląski in Chorzów (28th of September). Tickets for all of the rounds are available at www.speedwayeuro.com
So far, we've met names of 13 riders who will start in SEC 2019. Next wild cards will be revealed in upcoming days.
1. Leon Madsen (Denmark)
2. Jarosław Hampel (Poland)
3. Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
4. Mikkel Michelsen (Denmark)
5. Antonio Lindbaeck (Sweden)
6. Grigory Laguta (Russia)
7. David Bellego (France)
8. Vaclav Milik (Czech Republic)
9. Michael Jepsen Jensen (Denmark)
10. Kacper Woryna (Poland)
11. Anders Thomsen (Denmark)
14. Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
15. Nicki Pedersen (Denmark)