Robert Lambert was the best in second TAURON Speedway Euro Championship round. Leon Madsen was second, Mikkel Michelsen third.
The first series already was pretty exciting. There Leon Madsen was the fastest man on the track, but also fast was Andrzejs Lebedevs, who said before competition that he wants to come back to the fight. In third race fans watched first overtaking this night, when Jarosław Hampel passed Krzysztof Kasprzak, what gave him two points. In 4th race, referee has to make first dificult desicion. Unfrotunately Antonio Lindbaeck and Robert Lambert touched the tape at the same time and referee decided to exclude Swede. In restart, Max Dilger, who replaced Lindbaeck, made nice fight against Andreas Jonsson and Peter Kildemand.
- It’s difficult to overtake on this track, so I think my performance in heat 4 is a little success. I don’t want to lose a lot of points, because promotion to SEC cost me a lot – said Kildemand during first break.
Second series was really epic. As first, Emil Sayfutdinov proved his power and won another race. Some minutes later, in heat 6, all four riders changed their positions in the field. Finally, the best ways chosed Andreas Jonsson, who won that race. In next heat, huge problems had Jarosław Hampel, who, for the first time in Tauron SEC 2018, didn’t score any point.
- The track is changing a little bit and I have some problems with finding good setups. I didn’t ride there this year and something is different. I felt it in second start, what caused that I can’t fight with my rivals – said Kai Huckenbeck, who had 3 points after two series.
In heat nr 9, for the first time, Robert Lambert wasn’t the fastest on the track. Briton beat only Jarosław Hampel, but cannot come to the fight between Leon Madsen and Mikkel Michelsen, wherein better was older Dane. Next race was also exciting. That time, fantastic show made Kevin Woelbert, Kai Huckenbeck and Peter Kildemand, who changed their positions in the field for a lot of times. Finally the best was Woelbert.
- I rode fantastic two races, but in third series, gate B killed me. Furthermore, track is changing fast and in different way than in the past. It’s connected with hosts work, who sprinkled some surface this year. We made some correction, but I want to come back to my previous setup. That competition is important for me, because I spent there a lot of time and I feel as on my hometrack – said Robert Lambert after three series.
Fourth series means primarily Jarosław Hampel’s comeback. The winner in Gniezno won his fourth race, what gave him at least some hopes for promotion to race-off. At the same time, very slow was Piotr Pawlicki, who lost the battle with Kevin Woelbert and Antonio Lindbaeck.
- My performance is really good today. That track is very specific, but I fell good there. If I will promote to final, I will be very happy. Unfortunately I have to start from bad gate, but I hope that I can score any points – said Kevin Woelbert before last series.
In heat 18, Emil Sayfutdinov and Robert Lambert rode against themselves for the first time that night. This time better was Briton, who won a race without any problems and has promoted to grand final. In heat 20, competition has ended for Jarosław Hampel, who with 8 points didn’t finish in top 6.
The race-off results weren’t a surprise. First and second position, without any fight, took Emil Sayfutdinov and Mikkel Michelsen, who came to grand final with Leon Madsen and Robert Lambert.
In grand final wasn’t a lot of fight. Everything were set on the first lap, where the strongest was Robert Lambert, who defended the lead in the fight against Leon Madsen. Third finished Mikkel Michelsen, who overtook Emil Sayfutdinov in the field.
Jarosław Hampel keeps leading in general clasification.
1. Robert Lambert 14 (3,3,1,1,3,3)
2. Leon Madsen 14 (3,0,3,3,3,2)
3. Mikkel Michelsen 11+2 (3,1,2,1,3,1)
4. Emil Sayfutdinov 11+3 (3,3,2,2,1,0)
5. Peter Kildemand 10+1 (2,1,2,3,2)
6. Kai Huckenbeck 9+0 (2,1,1,3,2)
7. Vaclav Milik 8 (0,3,3,0,2)
8. Jarosław Hampel 8 (2,0,0,3,3)
9. Kevin Woelbert 8 (1,2,3,2,0)
10. Andrey Kudryashov 8 (0,2,2,2,2)
11. Krzysztof Kasprzak 6 (1,d,3,2,d)
12. Andreas Jonsson 6 (0,3,1,1,1)
13. Andrzej Lebedevs 5 (2,2,1,0,d)
14. Antonio Lindbaeck 4 (t,2,0,1,1)
15. Piotr Pawlicki 3 (1,1,0,0,1)
16. Max Dilger 1 (1)
17. Josef Franc 0 (0,0,0,0,0)
18. Tobias Busch dns
1. Madsen, Lebedevs, Woelbert, Milik
2. Michelsen, Huckenbeck, Pawlicki, Kudryashov
3. Sayfutdinov, Hampel, Kasprzak, Franc
4. Lambert, Kildemand, Dilger, Jonsson
5. Sayfutdinov, Lindbaeck, Huckenbeck, Madsen
6. Jonsson, Woelbert, Michelsen, Kasprzak (d)
7. Milik, Kudryashov, Kildemand, Hampel
8. Lambert, Lebedevs, Pawlicki, Franc
9. Madsen, Michelsen, Lambert, Hampel
10. Woelbert, Kildemand, Huckenbeck, Franc
11. Milik, Sayfutdinov, Jonsson, Pawlicki
12. Kasprzak, Kudryashov, Lebedevs, Lindbaeck
13. Madsen, Kudryashov, Jonsson, Franc
14. Hampel, Woelbert, Lindbaeck, Pawlicki
15. Huckenbeck, Kasprzak, Lambert, Milik
16. Kildemand, Sayfutdinov, Michelsen, Lebedevs
17. Madsen, Kildemand, Pawlicki, Kasprzak (d)
18. Lambert, Kudryashov, Sajfutdinow, Woelbert
19. Michelsen, Milik, Lindbaeck, Franc
20. Hampel, Huckenbeck, Jonsson, Lebedevs (d)
Extra heat. Sayfutdinov, Michelsen, Kildemand, Huckenbeck
Final. Lambert, Madsen, Michelsen, Sayfutdinov