The best riders in Europe are in the game! Today at 19:00 (23.06) frst TAURON Speedway Euro Championship round will start in Gniezno. In frst Polish capital, 15 the best riders from 8 countries will start the fght for the championship. Everything will fnish on September 15th on Śląski Stadium in Chorzów.
This year’s SEC lineup is perfectly strong. It’s fantastic mix of experience and youth. In SEC we’ll see some as experienced riders as Emil Sayfutdinov, who won the cycle two times, or Krzysztof Kasprzak. On the other side there are strong debutants, Jozsef Franc and Robert Lambert. By Wojciech Dankiewicz, the fght for the gold will go on to the last race on Śląski Stadium in Chorzów.
- This year’s cycle won’t be dominated by only s few riders. Lineup is well balanced. We can fnd there some older and experienced riders, who are on the top for some years and also younger stars, who want to shine in as prestige tournament as SEC – said Wojciech Dankiewicz.
For sure, Polish fans will watch their stars – Jarosław Hampel, Piotr Pawlicki and Krzysztof Kasprzak. A lot of them think, that Hampel is one of the favourites, because he’s coming back to best form, which leaded him to Speedway Grand Prix silver.
- First of all, I want to do my best on the track. I don’t know what it will give. It’s impossible to predict that, because rivals are stronger than ever – said Jarosław Hampel.
The European Championship will be defended by Andrzejs Lebedevs. Unfortunately Latvian had a very bad first part of the season. „Barney” is stll ghtng with his mind, because he cannot be as fast as in the last year.
- I know, that I can do everything right. I believe, that I don’t forget how to win. Last year, lineup wasn’t as strong as in 2018, but nobody said that I can be the best, including „experts” - said Andrzejs Lebedevs.
As last rider to TAURON SEC came Robert Lambert, who will replace Artiom Laguta. Briton is now the youngest rider in the cycle, but it seems that he can be a real „dark horse”.
- In every tournament, my goal is to win! To be honest, I want to try my skills with the best riders in Europe and watch how much work I need to be on the top. If I will fnish in top 8, I will be glad – said Robert Lambert.
The „wild card” in Gniezno has been given to Adrian Gała. „Henio” is the best rider in Polish 1st division and the leader of Car Gwarant Start Gniezno.
- Wild card is a huge distinction for me. I’m working every day to develop and start in the cycle as a permanent rider – said Adrian Gała.
Despite that organizers decided to start the competition at 19:00, we want to invite everybody to come to stadium at 15:00. At this time, fanzone will start working. There everybody can get an autographe or try their skills in xBox zone.