First TAURON Speedway Euro Championship round will take place in Gniezno on June 23rd. The rider, who will make a debut in the cycle as a permanent member is Jarosław Hampel.
„Mały” had one occasion to take part on SEC. It was one year ago, when he won the round on Motoarena in Toruń. What is
his goal for competton in Gniezno?
- First of all, I want to make as good performance as I can now. What will be the result? We’ll see. Rivals are very strong. In my opinion, the whole lineup is stronger than ever. I just want to do my best and try to make good result.
Fans and specialists are stiil talking about last year's Hampel’s victory. Is the track in Gniezno the place, where Hampel can do the same? How did he feel there in previous competitions?
- I did not have a lot of occasions to ride in Gniezno. It will be very important to fnd the best setups since the beginning. I think the practise will be the key. If anyone will fnd good lines and make their bike fast, they’ll have a huge advantage.
The whole Polish team is very strong in this year's SEC. Besides Hampel, local fans can support Krzysztof Kasprzak and Piotr Pawlicki. Also in Gniezno we’ll see Adrian Gała, who is our „wild card”. For sure, everybody is riding for their own, but how does Hampel look at other Poles and their chances?
- It’s always a tough question. It’s not easy to predict what will happen. This year there is a lot of names of those who can ride on the highest level and take part in the chase for gold. I don’t want to think about that. To be honest, I just want to prepare myself well. I’m not wondering who will be strong. It’s a specifc lottery.
Full interview with Hampel will be available in race programme.
1. #100 Andreas Jonsson (Sweden)
2. #66 Leon Madsen (Denmark)
3. #89 Emil Sayfutdinov (Russia)
4. #505 Robert Lambert (Great Britain)
5. #25 Peter Kildemand (Denmark)
6. #507 Krzysztof Kasprzak (Poland)
7. #225 Vaclav Milik (Czechia)
8. #33 Jarosław Hampel (Poland)
9. #744 Kai Huckenbeck (Germany)
10. #16 Adrian Gała (Poland)
11. #444 Josef Franc (Czechia)
12. #91 AndreyKudryashov (Russia)
13. #129 AndzejsLebedevs (Latvia)
14. #777 Piotr Pawlicki (Poland)
15. #85 Antonio Lindbaeck (Sweden)
16. #155 MikkelMichelsen (Denmark)
17. Rafał Karczmarz (Poland)
18. Norbert Krakowiak (Poland)